Brela - Dalmatia - Croatia
Information for your Holiday in Brela
We have 78 properties in Brela for you.
The small town Brela has around ca. 1800 inhabitants and is 15 km from Makarska, the closest large town. The town of Brela is divided into the following parts: Zelici, Zadvarje, Sestanovac.
- General information
- Brela is a source of beauty - indeed, thanks to dense pine forests, nice beaches, clear seawater, sources of potable water, Brela has been known for decades as one of the most attractive seaside resorts in Dalmatia. Beautiful, luxuriant pine forests are located close to nice pebble beaches. Brela also offers a nicely arranged coastal promenade and a number of excellent restaurants with seafood. Accommodation facilities are of the highest quality, and, according to opinion polls, the hotels in Brela rank among the best in Croatia.
Apart from swimming and bathing, Brela also offers a number of sports and recreational opportunities: tennis, boccia, miniature golf, table tennis, water sports. Local restaurants offer exquisite specialities of local and international cuisine. Cultural and entertainment programs are offered during the tourist season. Excursions are also regularly organized.
BRELA, a town in central Dalmatia, situated on the Makarska Riviera, at the foot of Biokovo. The town was also called Donja Brela (Lower Brela). Hot summers are moderated by landward breeze. The air temperature in the autumn and winter months is considerably lower due to the fierce bora ("vruljska"). Economy is based on farming, viticulture (Breljanska Vugava, Prosek, a kind of port wine); major crops being olives and sour cherries (Maraska). is also important. Brela is located on the main road Split - Dubrovnik (M2, E65).
The town of Berulia, mentioned also by Constantine Porphyrogenitus (10th c.), emerged at this location. The present town developed in recent times by migration of the population from small villages and hamlets under Biokovo Mountain. The parish church from the 19th century was built on the location of an earlier Baroque church; next to the cemetery is the mediaeval necropolis with eight tombstones adorned with reliefs (shields and swords). The church houses several tombstones from the 18th century.
- Sights to see
- Sport activities
- swimming, diving, climbing, cycling, tennis
- Food and entertainment
- Cash, Cafe, pizzeria, Restaurant
- health and beauty services
- market, butchers, greengrocers, jewellery shop, souvenir shop, supermarket
Holiday in Brela with Adrialin
You can find cheap accommodation for your next holiday here :
You are looking for a holiday apartment, holiday home, hotel, cottage, B&B, guest room or mobile home for your holiday in Brela, or you simply want to find out information on Brela in Dalmatia. Then you've come to the right place!
You can find holiday accommodation here, including holiday apartments, holiday homes, cottages, hotels, holiday resorts, B&Bs, guest rooms, mobile homes, cruises, yacht charters and excursions. Adrialin has an ever increasing range of offers for your holiday in Croatia, Italy or Austria.
- Our range: